Resistance Bands Ultimate Training Guide
These little gems have more benefits than you could imagine, and if you don’t believe us, here are our top tips
1. This stretchy piece of fabric adds an entirely new level of challenge to your workout, putting your muscles to good work by adding that extra bit of resistance.
2. It teaches your body to stabilise itself on demand, practising the art of body control. This will play into other workouts you do, as you will notice that you become far more composed.
3. The constant tension it creates adds completely new tests to your muscles and the body, rapidly improving its stamina.
4. Using the band alongside other tools such as the dumbbell, kettlebell, or medicine ball gives your body more resistance to work against. So, if you’re feeling like it’s getting a little too easy, adding a resistance band will help regain some challenge to your workout.
5. Resistant bands are great for when you’re working out on the go; its light and small, so it allows you to take it when you travel.
6. They also, surprisingly, help enhance your joint mobility and muscle flexibility.
7. They speed up metabolism by creating stimulating strength and cardio circuits, maximising calorie burning during the exercise and post exercise.
8. Resistance Bands play a supporting role in creating a comprehensive, full workout
9. They are more than easy to use alone in solo workouts; you don’t need a personal trainer to get great results from them.
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the resistance band. They keep your body guessing, and liven up your workout routine. Our resistance bands (hyperlink) are made from high quality latex rubber, which come in a range of strengths and 3 different lengths (41”, 19”, 13”). It’s important to note the quality of any resistance band; you don’t want a snap mid squat!
Make sure to keep an eye on the quality of your resistance band! It is recommended that you replace your resistance band annually, and with our twelve-month warranty, you are guaranteed to have a high quality working band in your hand for the year and often much longer.
Of course, there are a few precautions to take when using a band; knowing the do’s and don’ts will help you prolong the life of your band and avoid injury (yes, it happens) …
CHECK the band for any signs of wear or damage. Never use a band that has frayed edges or small tears.
ATTACH the bands appropriately for their intended use, insuring they are safely secured away from edges
STORE the bands out of the direct sunlight, away from chemicals or sharp objects and not under tension
WRAP the bands around any body part – this may lead to a serious injury
ATTATCH the bands where they may become damaged or are exposed to excessive wear
OVERLOAD the bands beyond their recommended capacity
So, the resistance band has immeasurable value. It can spice up your workout routine even when doing the regular exercises such as bicep curls, triceps extensions, upright row, press-ups, bench press, lateral raise, squats. pull-ups and so much more. Give a resistance band a try and see for yourself how much of an impact they have on your body!
Check out our great prices on the full range of resistance bands we ofer