Pullum's first shop opened in Camberwell in 1907 to service the needs of the early Weight Lifters. The Business grew steadily over the next 20 years until it took over the four storey building in which it had started life in the basement.
Many British champions were trained at the club including Julian Creus, Jim Halliday and Mel Barnett who were very popular in the 40s and 50s. In 1948, Wally Pullum joined his Uncle W.A.Pullum and learned the business. He went on to open his own weight lifting club in 1949 in the shed at the bottom of the garden.
Over the years, Wally trained 100s of people with many successes in Bodybuilding, general weight training, Weightlifting and Powerlifting. Using this background, Wally branched out into equipment manufacture and with the expertise of Chris Gladding started to sell custom made gym equipment in the 1980s.
Several moves then occurred but in 2003 the retail and manufacturing sides moved into a unit in Luton Enterprise Park. In 2005, Wally retired but Pullum continues to run with the same expertise and commitment from their Luton site.